Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Valentine's Mani Part 1

I love Valentine's Day, but not for the right reasons.  I think it's silly that we turned a day dedicated to a martyr into a day celebrating love, and I think it's silly to have one day a year dedicated to celebrating love.  We should celebrate love all year round!  But I do love the combination of red, pink, purple, and white, hearts, glitter, and chocolate!

I've ended up with quite a few Valentine's-themed polishes this year, so I decided to dedicate February to Valentine's manis!  Til the 14th at least.  And maybe longer if I have more polishes to use!

So here is my first Valentine's mani of the month:



Find out which polishes I used after the jump!

This is Elevation Polish "Yeti's Broken Heart" over Deborah Lippmann "Popular".

"Popular" is from Deborah Lippmann's "Wicked" set, which I can only find on ebay right now!  Luckily the price is not inflated yet, so you can still get it at a reasonable price!  I got mine from Sephora when the set first came out. 

"Popular" is a pink jelly with pink shimmer.  The two pics above are the most true to color.  I did three coats, and because of the jelly finish there was still plenty of VNL (visible nail line), but the glitter pretty much hid it.  If it bothered you, you could always do a layer of undies first!

"Yeti's Broken Heart" is a mix of white glitters (hexes, circles, squares, rectangles) with white, black, and purple hearts!  This is the second limited edition "Yeti" polish from EP.  The first was a Christmas polish called "Yeti Loves the Holidays" that I unfortunately missed out on since I just recently discovered Elevation!

The glitter payoff on this was great!  I didn't have to fish for the hearts at all!  Below are pics of my left & right hands:


I promise my right middle finger is not broken or crooked like that.  I think the way I had my fingers made it look crooked lol. 

The purple hearts in "Yeti's Broken Heart" were a bit more sparse than the white & black ones, so it felt kind of "special" to get them on a few nails!

I can't wait to see what Yeti's next adventure is!!

Elevation Polish can be found at  Llarowe, but "Yeti's Broken Heart" can only be found at Elevation's Big Cartel Site.  Get it before it sells out!

Deborah Lippmann can be found at many places, including Sephora and Nordstrom.

1 comment:

  1. wuah I don't have this Elevation polish yet!!! going on my wishlist!!!

    ReplyDelete