Sunday, March 16, 2014

Comparison: Jade "Deja Vu" VS KBShimmer "Whole Lava Lovin'"

Hi everyone!  How are you doing on this cold Sunday?  Is it cold where you are?  Yesterday it was about 75 degrees here, and then the temperature dropped all through the night.  The high today was 55 at 12:05 AM!  Just after midnight.  And then it was in the 30s all day and there was sleet and snow!  Urgh!!  When is spring going to come and stay for good??

Anyway, today I have a comparison for you.  When I was fishing out all my red holos, I realized that Jade "Deja Vu" and KBShimmer "Whole Lava Lovin'" looked pretty similar.  Here are a couple bottle shots:


Here they look pretty similar.


Here I think you can see that the Jade is a little lighter red, and has a slightly stronger holo.

And here they are on the nail:




Overall, I think you can see that the Jade has a stronger holo effect, and I think that's what makes it look a little lighter.  They're both beautiful though, and they're different enough that I can justify having both!

If you guys ever have any comparisons you want me to do, post them in the comments and I'll do them if I have the polishes!

Thanks for reading!

2 comments:

  1. I like both shades A LOT, but I think I prefer the KB Shimmer. It looks slightly brighter to me.
    I bought Essie's Fashion Playground (the perfect mint shade) and Essie's Cute as a Button (a great bright pink for Spring) if you want to try those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the KBShimmer is more of a cherry red, while the Jade is more of a lipstick red. I am REALLY liking peach for this spring, which is weird cause it's not a color I would normally wear. And of course, I love everything mint!

    ReplyDelete