Saturday, March 15, 2014

Contrary Polish "River Market"

Hi girls!  Sorry it took me so long to get this up; yesterday was a long and tiring day!  Purina came over yesterday to film me and Tumnus.  It was totally fun, but a little hectic!  I was going to post this up last night, but then Ben and I went to run some errands, and when we got home, all I wanted to do is go to bed!

Anyway, this is the polish I finally decided on for the Purina shoot.  They recommended jewel tones for shirts, so I decided to take the same cue for my nails, and went with Contrary Polish "River Market".


I tried to get pictures in a bunch of different lighting, but no matter what I did, this came out way more blue (and more sheer) than it is in real life.


"River Market" is a purple jelly with red shimmer.  I used two coats, which looks fine in real life, but you can totally see some VNL here.



I have friends who live in the River Market district of Kansas City (which this polish was based on!).  It's a really cool area.  There's the river (obviously) and there's a farmers' market with a bunch of good produce and really good local restaurants.  Going through these polishes in the No Place Like Home collection makes me want to visit again; it's been awhile since I've been to KC!  Maybe this spring or summer I'll get a chance...

Lastly, here's a photo of me and my nails from the Purina shoot!  Doesn't my house look nice when it's professionally lit?
Thanks for reading!

Edited to add: Carrie's creations can be found at Llarowe.com.  Love her shimmers!

2 comments:

  1. So cool! So you and your furbaby get to be on tv? How fun :) Pretty polish, too, it doesn't get much better than purple & red ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll actually be on the Purina One website, but it was still a ton of fun!

    ReplyDelete