Monday, January 20, 2014

Back to school mani!

As I was leafing through the Jan/Feb issue of Nail It! I decided to do a mani inspired by the cover model for my first day back this semester
They used foil nail strips for the gold, but I decided to do something similar with a new foil finish polish.


I did two coats of OPI Push & Shove from the new Gwen Stefani collection, then put down hole reinforcement stickers to block off the bottom part.  Then I painted a coat of OPI Lincoln Park After Dark for the tips!  Mine's obviously not as crisp as the professional one, but I'm happy with it!

Push & Shove is another foil finish like the Formula X I showed the other day.  It comes with a mini bottle of Lay Down that Base, which is OPI's special base coat.  This is even shinier in person!  I hope OPI comes out with more of these mirror finishes!!

Lincoln Park After Dark is a classic OPI shade from the 2005 Chicago collection.  I know it looks black in these pictures, but it's really a deep dark plum.  You can kind of see where it smudged a bit.  I like colors that are dark, but not quite black like this.  They're sort of softer somehow.

All right guys, I'm back to school tomorrow.  I probably won't be posting as much, and I definitely won't be able to do much nail art, but I'll still try to post at least once a week!

This is my last semester of classes before I start rotations!  I'm excited, but also nervous!!

No comments:

Post a Comment