Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Snowy Water Marble

Sunday Ben and I went on a snowy walk down to the river and back.  It was hard work trudging through all that snow!  I think there was about 6 inches when we went, and we ended up with almost a foot.  I spent nearly two hours shoveling the driveway yesterday, and my back is feeling it today!  Hopefully I can finish up the little bit that's left and then get my Groupon massage I bought!

After our walk, I decided to do a snowy water marble inspired by our snowy walk.

 See more pictures and polish listing after the jump!




I didn't realize how bad my cuticles look!  I need to moisturize STAT!

I know I've talked about water marbling on Tumblr before, but for any new followers I have, Simple Little Pleasures has good YouTube tutorials.  I recommend starting with her oldest ones.  The only thing I do differently from her is that I use Vaseline instead of tape around my cuticles.  When you're done, just wipe the Vaseline off with a Q-tip!

Anyway, this is Lex Cosmetics "Seattle Sunshine" and Sinful Colors "Snow Me White" topped with a coat of Cirque "Magic Hour" for sparkling snowflakes.  

"Seattle Sunshine" could also be called "Missouri Winter" I think.  Our skies are always grey, from November to April it seems.  Lex Cosmetics can be found at Lexcosmetics.com.  As an added bonus, a portion of the sales of each polish is donated to a different charity!

"Snow Me White" is just a nice white cream.  I used this as a base, and it's a one-coater!  Sinful colors can be found at Walgreens and Walmart.

I think "Magic Hour" really steals the show here.  It's different shapes of iridescent glitter in a clear base.  I see hexes, squares, bars, and even some larger shards.  This might be my favorite glitter top coat; I really need to wear it more.  It's subtle until the light hits, and then it's AMAZING!!  The second picture above really shows of the shimmery iridescence.  Annie Pham, the creator of Cirque, does really beautiful polishes.  I only have a few, but I could easily buy them all!  Cirque is available at Cirquecolors.com 

Thanks for reading! 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a professional mani! Perfect for this time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you and your perfect watermarble!!! i'm so jealous =)) i shoveled too and got tired of it after 5 min... go figure haha =)

    ReplyDelete