Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Formula X "10 Below"

Hi Girls!

I've been a little under the weather, so I haven't been exercising everyday like I wanted to, but I'm feeling better today so I decided to give the first day of Insanity a try!  Holy crap!  I'm amazed I was able to finish it all!  I actually felt really good when I finished it; like I had accomplished something!  We'll see if I can actually keep up with it.  I'm guessing it will take me more than 60 days!

After my workout, I decided to try a special polish:  "10 Below", a limited edition "Foil Look" set from Formula X, containing a polish (10 Below) and a special base coat.

 More pictures and my review after the jump!





The "Foil Look" is supposed to be a chrome-mirror finish.  It comes with the special base coat, and you're not supposed to use top coat, so I didn't.  Obviously, this isn't really a mirror finish, but I think a couple of my pictures show how shiny it is! 

The application of this polish had a little bit of a learning curve.  You start with a coat of the special base and let it dry.  No problem there.  Then you're supposed to use the 3-stroke technique, which I'm not really good at in the first place.  I did my first coat using this technique, and the result was a streaky, globby mess.  I was totally ready to return this to the store.  But I decided to do a second coat using my regular technique, which is sort of the 3-stroke, plus a few strokes to smooth everything out.  This worked MUCH better.  I was worried the polish would drag when I went back over it, but it didn't at all!  The result is this nice chrome finish.  The box that this set came in says it's a "one night look", so I'm guessing it'll start chipping pretty soon.  But I think it's a fun look for a night out!

Formula X can be found at all Sephoras, as well as on their website.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment: