Saturday, January 11, 2014

Elevation Polish "Toubkal"


 Of all the pictures I took of this polish, this was the only one that was even close to color accurate.  It's just a touch darker IRL.

Toubkal is a burgundy wine with copper glass flecks.  This polish has been on my lemming list for a long time, and I'm so glad Gosia lent it to me to try!  This might be my new favorite winter polish!  It's very cozy and warm, and I think it's one of those colors that will look good on any skin tone.  I'll definitely need to buy this polish so I can wear it again! The formula was a little uneven-it took three coats to even it out, but this color is gorgeous enough that I'm okay with that.

Lulu of Elevation polish is a mountain climber!  I knew a lot of her polishes are named after mountains, so I had to look up the inspiration for this polish.  Toubkal is the tallest peak in the Atlas Mountains.  It's located in North Africa, in Morocco.  I'm mystified by people who climb mountains.  After reading Into Thin Air in 7th grade, mountain climbing seems as fantastic as space exploration to me.  Ben and I have half-joked about hiking Taum Sauk Mountain, the highest "mountain" in Missouri, so that we can say we've climbed a mountain.

Elevation Polish is available at their Big Cartel Site, as well as on Llarowe .

Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

  1. I knew you would like it!!! Lulu makes such awesome polishes!! Anytime you'd like to try out more, feel free to come over =) And one day we have to climb this big Missouri mountain of ours together! =))

    ReplyDelete